Cangshan A Series 16-piece Swedish Steel Forged Knife Block Set
- USD: $ 449.99
- Swedish Steel
- African Blackwood Handles
- Walnut Block
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Award Winning Design
The 2017 Red Dot Award winning A Series goes beyond great by skillfully utilizing rich, luscious African Blackwood to accentuate the subtle curves and elegant silhouette of the knife. Form and function seamless blend together to create a knife both beautiful and practical, a knife that performs perfectly and looks amazing. Rich, deep Walnut wood adds to the luscious beauty of the luxurious asymmetrical A Series Knife Block, showcasing the natural, organic beauty of wood and metal.
- Patented design that focuses on an ergonomic handle made of African Blackwood, one of the hardest woods in the world
- German Design Award Nominee 2019 / Red Dot Design Award Winner 2017 / Gourmet Retailer Editor’s Pick 2017 / A’ Gold Design Award 2016
- Forged and handcrafted full tang knives
- High Alloy Swedish Sandvik® 12C27 Steel with a 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- Exceptionally sharp Asian style 16 degree edge
- Precisely heat treated blades for long lasting durability and edge retention
- Patented Angled Bolster design accommodates a firm, natural pinch grip
- Serrated steak knives
- Shears come apart for easy cleaning
- Hand Wash Only
- Made in China
16-piece Knife Set Includes:
- 1 – Forged 8” Chef’s Knife
- 1 – Forged 8” Bread Knife
- 1 – Forged 7” Santoku
- 1 – Forged 6” Boning Knife
- 1 – Forged 5” Serrated Utility Knife
- 1 – Forged 3.5” Paring Knife
- 8 – Forged 5” Serrated Steak Knives
- 1 – 8” Honing Steel
- 1 – Solid Walnut Wood Block
For product related questions and feedback please contact Cangshan Cutlery Company at 855.597.5656 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
Aesthetics must push into function. A chef wants a connection with the tools they use to create. Some prefer a light nimble knife while others work better with a heavy, large handled knife. Professional creatives also want their tools to aesthetically connect with their story. This is the reason we have 18 Patented and Patent Pending handle designs and have won 22 Design Awards.
A great knife comes from excellent materials. We use high-alloy Swedish Sandvik® 12C27 Steel which offers the perfect mix of hardness and durability with the ability to reach a hardness rating of 58 ±2 on the Rockwell Hardness Rating Scale. These steels take an exceptionally sharp edge and boasts superior edge retention compared to competing knives currently in the marketplace. That means a sharp knife with optimal edge retention.
Every blade goes through an ultra-precise 6 stage heat treatment which brings out the best qualities of each steel. Heat treatment is the key to a great knife. We have perfected the specific heat treatment process that would ensure our knives are both hard enough to take a sharp 16 degree edge, yet durable enough to keep that sharp edge during heavy kitchen use.
At the end of the day a knife needs to perform. All Cangshan knife proudly can do just that. The quality and craftsmanship of the knives ensure they precisely and effectively perform their cutting functions giving the user a responsive and refined tactile experience that enhances and augments their skills and process. Every knife from Cangshan is handcrafted and hand sharpened, these are real, passionate artisans creating beautiful, functional tools.
Swedish Sandvik® Steel
This exceptional high-alloy, fine grained steel is utilized in all of Cangshan’s premier knife lines. The fine grain of the material means a more stable internal structure which is why the steel is able to improve so much during heat treatment becoming hard enough to take a keen 16 degree angle without any of the brittleness common to other hard steels. This makes an incredibly sharp knife that will not chip and stays sharp longer between sharpening.
Swedish Sandvik® Steels in our opinion are the perfect mix of incredible hardness and durability. These steels take a phenomenally sharp edge and keep it up to 5 times longer than competing knives currently in the marketplace. These steels have a hardness rating of 58 ±2 on the Rockwell Hardness Rating.